- 1 slice Bacon
- 1 oz. Butter
- 1 lb. Potatoes (about 4)
- 2 c. chopped Leeks (1 lg.)
- 2 1/2 c. Chicken Stock
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 c. Milk
- Toppings to taste (Parsley, Sour Cream, Cheese, Bacon Bits etc.)
- Cut up bacon and fry in butter.
- Peel and cut up potatoes. Clean and cut leeks.
- Add potatoes and leeks to frying pan and fry for 5 minutes.
- Stir in chicken stock, salt, and pepper.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add milk and reheat, but do not boil.
- Blend in blender or food processor, or transfer to high-walled bowl and immersion-blend for 10 seconds.
- Serve, sprinkled with toppings of your choice.